Nashville VA Benefits Attorneys
If you are a veteran in need of benefits for a service-related injury or illness, a Nashville veterans benefits attorney can manage your claim or appeal. Dealing with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is not always easy, as this agency often denies veterans the benefits they are entitled to.
A lawyer from Comerford Law Office will navigate the claims or appeal process, sparing you the headache and time demands resulting from these processes.
What VA-Related Issues Can an Attorney Help With in Nashville?
An attorney can help you:
- Seek the continuation of benefits that the VA has discontinued
- Seek benefits for a new or worsening injury or illness
- Appeal a denial of benefits
If the VA has issued any unfavorable decision affecting your benefits, an attorney can counsel you on how to respond. Once your lawyer has explained the rationale for the VA’s decision and how they recommend responding to that decision, your attorney can start the appeals process for you.
How an Attorney May Get the Benefits You Are Entitled To
The VA explains that veterans have three options when they receive an adverse decision from the VA. You can appeal the decision through:
- A Supplemental Claim: A supplemental claim is appropriate when you have developed a new medical condition, your service-related condition becomes worse, or new evidence emerges that could affect your claim status. A lawyer from our firm can help you gather, organize, and submit all documentation that could help you get fair benefits.
- A Higher-Level Review: Your lawyer can request that a senior-level employee at the VA review your claim decision. As part of this review request, our team will highlight any issue we take with the initial decision and any errors we believe led to that decision.
- A Board Appeal: We can request that a judge with expertise in Veterans law review your case. We can also request a hearing and present any new evidence if you pursue a Board Appeal.
The VA provides detailed explanations of each of these processes. Our attorneys are familiar with each and can answer any questions that you have. Once we have all the relevant details of your claim and appeal, we’ll recommend whichever option best suits your unique circumstances.
Why Hire a Lawyer to Seek Benefits from the VA?
There are several reasons to hire a lawyer when seeking VA disability benefits, including:
- The complexity of the appeals process: You may not have the time, energy, or willpower to handle the moving parts of a claim or appeal. This process may unfold in several stages with varying timelines.
- Your own limitations: If you’re dealing with an illness or injury, you may be unable to effectively manage a claim or appeal.
- The stakes of your claim or appeal: Veterans who deserve disability benefits need those benefits. Our firm will do everything possible to get the compensation you deserve.
Let an attorney handle your VA claim or appeal while you focus on recovery.
Call Comerford Law Office Today to Hire an Attorney for Your VA Disability
Our firm gets no upfront fee, and we don’t charge anything unless we win for you. Call Comerford Law Office today or provide your case details online.